Similiar to r/BlackPillScience, if the subreddit over there gets nuked, consider posting studies here.
Welcome to Black Pill Science
A subreddit dedicated to dissecting and discussing human social and sexual behavior.
Why does this exist?
Preconscious biases and preferences towards an array of traits mediate inter-group social conflict, intra-group low-status of an individual among peers, and access to mating opportunities. These biases thus structure the interpersonal experiences for a given individual. It is popularly claimed that some of the more immutable traits, such as facial physical attractiveness, height and visually discernible race/ethnicity, play a comparatively minor role in animating social and sexual exclusion. The purpose of this subreddit is to bring this claim's veracity under methodical scrutiny.
Peer-reviewed science is the primary aim of this subreddit. Articles of greatest interest to this sub are those which help clarify the role of lookism (i.e., the sum biases towards one's physical appearance) in explaining and predicting various sexual and social outcomes. Non-peer reviewed articles, questions or general discussion topics may be better suited for s/AskBlackPillScience.
Full-text articles may be acquired via unpaywall.org or sci-hub.
- Links to published peer-reviewed research preferred
- No summaries of summaries, re-hosted press releases, or reposts
- No sensationalized or misleading titles
- No Low-Quality evidence. Anecdotal personal testimonials and similarly low effort/low quality limited observations, dubious speculation or questionable scholarship may be subject to removal at moderator's discretion.
- No abusive, offensive, or spam comments. Must adhere to Saidit's Content Policy.
- Dissenting comments should provide evidence, ideally in the form of citing peer-reviewed literature
- Anecdotal personal testimonials and similarly low effort/low quality limited observations may be subject to removal at moderator's discretion.
- Repeat or flagrant offenders will be banned
Pill Theories of Sexual Attraction: overarching ideas regarding the pattern of mate preferences of heterosexual women in Western, Educated, Industrialized, Rich, Democratic (WEIRD) societies.
Blackpill Theory of Sexual Attraction: the idea that mate preferences in WEIRD societies are primarily guided by lookism, tribalism and, for heterosexual women, heightism. This is generally paired with the recognition that, for some individuals, the relationship between the amount of goal-directed effort expended in order to attract and court preferred mates (either by oft-touted self-help methods or by "one weird trick" courtship techniques) and one's success rate may be so poorly correlated that, for these individuals, such narrowly targeted effort is naive at best.
||Considers Lookism Salient?
||Locus of Control
- Cronbach's α for inter-rater reliability: lowerbound estimate of the reliability of a psychometric test. Relevance to looks ratings explained here.
[–]FailedSpecies[S] 3 insightful - 1 fun3 insightful - 0 fun4 insightful - 0 fun4 insightful - 1 fun - (0 children)
[–]FailedSpecies[S] 1 insightful - 1 fun1 insightful - 0 fun2 insightful - 0 fun2 insightful - 1 fun - (0 children)