*Dracula travels to the American West, intent on making a beautiful ranch owner his next victim. Her fiance, outlaw Billy the Kid, finds out about it and rushes to save her. *
Director: William Beaudine
Writer: Carl K. Hittleman
- John Carradine ... Count Dracula / posing as James Underhill
- Chuck Courtney ... William 'Billy the Kid'
- Bonney Melinda Casey ... Elizabeth (Betty) Bentley (as Melinda Plowman) * Virginia Christine ... Eva Oster
- Walter Janovitz ... Franz Oster (as Walter Janowitz)
- Bing Russell ... Dan 'Red' Thorpe
- Olive Carey ... Dr. Henrietta Hull
- Roy Barcroft ... Sheriff Griffin
- Hannie Landman ... Lisa Oster
- Richard Reeves ... Pete - Saloonkeeper
- Marjorie Bennett ... Mary Ann Bentley
- William Forrest ... The Real James Underhill
- George Cisar ... Joe Flake
- Harry Carey Jr. ... Ben Dooley
- Leonard P. Geer ... Yancy (as Lennie Geer)
Nice to see Sven back in his studio again❗
Great fun! I love how the bat ducks behind a wagon or something to turn into Dracula. I guess their budget was a little too limited for any special effects, lol.
John Carradine was decent as Dracula. It really should have been Bela Lugosi, but he died a decade (1956) before this film was made.
Great fight between Dracula and Billy the Kid. Well, not much of one seeing as he was impervious to bullets!
I did very much like Dracula flying off as a bat at the very end, leaving the story open....
there doesn't seem to be anything here