This sub is for those who want a serious political debate. To ensure a high-quality discussion there are several rules, and this sub will work slightly differently than the rest of Saidit. Each week a topic will be announced and pinned. For the next seven days a discussion will take place in the comments. Here are the rules:
- You must read and respond to the topic of that week.
- All top level comments MUST have sources. If you are responding to a top level comment to dispute, sources are also required.
- Discussion will take place at the top 3 levels of the pyramid of debate. Name calling, ad hominem attacks, and attacks against tone will not be allowed. Any arguments without sources are invalid and will be flagged as such.
- 3 warnings will be given per user, per week. Warnings will be given within the discussions. If a user persists, they will be blocked from the discussion for that week. If a user is blocked 3 weeks in a row, they will be banned.
- Keep it civil. Politics raises lots of emotions. Keep calm and argue on.
We are looking for a high quality debate.