Today we're happy to announce the release of our new Android app for browsing saidit. It is a port of an existing reddit app, called RedReader, that is very polished and is open source. /u/d3rr put in a lot of work to port this code over to saidit, so now we finally have a fully functional app!
You can download the Android app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.saiditnet.redreader
Here are some features of our Saidit app:
- Free and Open Source - no ads/tracking.
- Swipe posts and comments left and right to perform customizable actions
- Advanced cache management - automatically stores past versions of posts and comments.
- Support for multiple accounts.
- Two-column tablet mode
- Image precaching (optional).
- Built in image viewer, and GIF player.
- Support for imgur albums and gifv files
- Night mode (i.e. a dark theme)
- Translations for some languages
Lastly, the open-source code for this app is available here: