SaidIt App Development Guidelines
SaidIt and Reddit
SaidIt is not Reddit! This document will help you to understand the differences that pertain to apps and clients.
- Due to SaidIt's configurable home page feature, requesting https://saidit.net/top returns content from an unknown sub! It could be /s/all or /s/home or /s/subscribed especially if users are logged into your app/client.
- Voting directions
- Reddit: upvote 1, downvote -1, unvote 0
- SaidIt: insightful vote 1, unvote insightful 11, funny vote -1, unvote funny -11
- Vote counts
- Currently not implemented, only score is available, see known issues below
- Reddit: t1_ comment, t2_ account, t3_ post, t4_ message, t5_ subreddit
- SaidIt: t1_ comment, t2_ account, t3_ award, t4_ subreddit, t5_ link, t6_ message, t7_ promocampaign, t8_ globalban, t9_ ipban
API Response Codes
- 429 Too many requests: (nginx or saidit) rate limiting has blocked your request. Your app should not send excessive parallel API requests or should wait longer between requests or you should wait longer between creation requests
- 503 Service Unavailable: SaidIt is down or your request took too long or your request caused an internal error
Known API Issues
- The API should return 'ups' and 'downs' like old Reddit. Currently 'score' is returned in 'ups' and 0 is returned in 'downs'
- GitHub issue: https://github.com/libertysoft3/saidit/issues/19
- Comments API results potentially already updated
- RES breakage?
- RedReader breakage?
- API urls: saidit.net, oauth.saidit.net (api.saidit.net does not currently exist)
- API documentation: https://saidit.net/dev/api
- OAuth guide: https://github.com/libertysoft3/saidit/wiki/OAuth2
revision by d3rr— view source