The 1989 Tiananmen Massacre is one of the constantly brought up narratives to show why the Chinese government is a brutal and bloody totalitarian regime. Except there are three versions of the event out there. Which one is true?
Western version 1:
Military came into Tiananmen square and massacred peacefully protesting "pro-democracy" students, rolling them over with tanks. Up to possibly thousands of students died.
Western version 2:
The mainstream version of Tiananmen was actually a lie. Students were peacefully escorted out of the square. However, the Chinese government massacred a different set of protesters (not students, but workers). This mainly occurred on a street called Chang An Avenue, not in the Tiananmen Square.
Chinese/tankie version 3:
The protests were a coup attempt by the CIA/George Soros/Skull and Bones where they spread propaganda to get students to protest. CIA-backed "worker" protesters started mobbing and lynching soldiers in Chang An Avenue before the soldiers started shooting back at them. Around 200 people in total died on both sides.
Because the Chinese don't believe they can compete with CIA propaganda, their go to method is to censor all speech that the CIA tries to manipulate. This is especially true for the "Tiananmen Massacre".
Version 1 is the mainstream version that everyone knows, so I assume I don't need to post any evidence. However, as an example:
massacre of hundreds if not thousands of unarmed peaceful pro-democracy protesters in Beijing
Now let's see if there's any evidence for versions 2 and 3
1. Testimony from the renown Tank Man photographer from AP News:
Well what I saw wasn't pretty. There was a dead soldier on the ground where the burning armored car was. The door of the burning armored car came out and another soldier came out to surrender and the mob moved in on him and started beating on him with clubs and sticks. I don't think he made it, but I was attacked, somehow talked my way out of it and managed to get back to the AP office. I'm very fortunate, I'm very lucky that that happened. The short amount of time I saw there was some very nasty stuff going on.
2. Taiwanese activist asking why there needs to be lies when fighting the enemy:
3. BBC James Miles was at the Tiananmen event:
Tiananmen killings: Were the media right?
4. Wikileaks / US cables - no bloodshed inside Tiananmen Square, cables claim
5. Reuters reporter who was at Tiananmen, Graham Earnshaw
6. Jonathan Spence, Both China and the West have distorted the truth about the | The Week UK
In an equally disturbing betrayal of history, Western human rights activists and liberal commentators have also spun the story of Tiananmen, creating a fairytale version of events that bears little relation to what happened in those bloody days of June 1989.
7. Japan Times - Which Tiananmen narrative is true?
8. Jim Mann LA Times
9. Jay Mathews, Washington Post reporter
The Myth of Tiananmen
10. Liberation News, Tiananmen: the Massacre that wasn't
11. NBC VIDEO FOOTAGE FROM 1989
angry mobs attacking with rocks, pikes and Molotov cocktails. Soldiers trying to flee the vehicles were slugged. Army later claims entire crew was killed. THEN the army opened up with bullets.
12. The Geopolitics Behind the Tiananmen Square Incident - The Geopolitics
13. NY Times article (1989) questioning the validity of a news report in Hong Kong
There is also no evidence of machine-gun emplacements on the roof of the history museum that were reported in the Wen Wei Po article. This reporter was directly north of the museum and saw no machine guns there. Other reporters and witnesses in the vicinity also failed to see them.
14. Former Indian Foreign Secretary at Tiananmen, Vijay Gokhale
(13:18 mark) first time he realized that foreign media was not free
15. CBS News - There Was No "Tiananmen Square Massacre"
16. CS Monitor - New story emerges of an infamous massacre
What actually did happen June 3 - 4 is still often confused with myth and misreporting.
17. Robin Munro (works for CIA-front: Human Rights Watch) 1990 article, Who Died in Beijing and Why
From Munro's wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Munro
There was no massacre in Tiananmen Square.. But on the western approach roads... there was a blood bath that claimed hundreds of lives. To insist on this distinction is not splitting hairs. What took place was the slaughter not of students but of ordinary workers and residents--precisely the target that the Chinese government had intended.
18. Video footage of the workers inciting violence during the Tiananmen event from Chinese media, censored by Youtube:
So we at least know version 1, which the entire world believes, is a lie and have video footage and testimonies of version 3 being partially true. Info on the US/CIA/Skull and Bones/George Soros coup attempt will be posted in another thread.
PART 1 - Global MSM and politicians lie about the Chinese threatening Canadians in HK: https://saidit.net/s/conspiracy/comments/9wz4/1000_lies_against_china_threatening_canadian/