s/GetTheTOut is a group of like-minded lesbians, gay men, bisexual men and women, and allies who believe that the transgender/queer+ community should be separate from the LGB community. Post memes, vents, articles, social media content, and examples of homophobia/colonization from the TQ+.
This is an offshoot of the former subsaidit s/LGBDropTheT, which was active in several incarnations from February 21, 2019 to June 1, 2022.
We know that women are adult human females and men are adult human males. Likewise, we also know that a lesbian is a biological female exclusively attracted to other biological females, and a gay man is a biological male exclusively attracted to other biological males. This is one of the few spaces where these definitions are respected and users will not have to face bullying or dogpiling for same-sex attraction.
Material that breaks the below rules or ranks low on the Pyramid of Debate will be removed.
1. Content must be relevant to LGB community: This includes reasons why the LGB and TQ+ should separate, LGB-focused news/media/history, and LGB-focused personal posts. General anti-trans content not focused on "getting the T out" is disallowed.
2. Be civil: All LGB individuals are welcome here. Do not shame others for their sexual orientations or perpetuate negative stereotypes about LGB people ("genital preference/genital fetishist", "sexual racist", "man-hating", etc). Homophobia, racism, misogyny, xenophobia, and accusations of bigotry are disallowed.
3. No debating: Whataboutism (including the "true trans" topic), debating, "keep the T" posts, "you're all bigots/LARPers" posts, "LGB is degenerate" posts, validation/derailing posts, etc are disallowed.
4. Allowed language: Refrain from using slurs and slang that enforce other ideologies or political worldviews. Do not call anyone a "cis", TERF/FART or t-slurs. Acceptable terms include: TIM/TIF, MTT/FTT, TRA, AGP/HSTS, transbian, gayden, etc. Pronoun usage that reflects biological sex is allowed.
5. Follow SaidIt's sitewide rules.
6. Give space to LGB: Straight/asexual allies and trans people who are participating in good faith are welcome here as long as they follow the above rules and respect boundaries. Keep in mind that this tiny corner of the internet is one of the few virtual or in-person spaces that will remain LGB centric and resistant to colonization by TQ+ and heterosexuals.
LGB Resource Center:
LGB Alliance USA
Get The L Out
Other Subsaidits Of Interest: